LILBURN, Ga. -- Fire officials said a family escaped safely after a house fire in Lilburn, Ga., Saturday night.
The fire happened around 8:45 p.m. in the 4800 block of Arcado Road.
Gwinnett fire officials said the fire appeared to be contained to a crawlspace in the house and was soon extinguished by firefighters on the scene.
A spokesperson said the occupants were cooking at the time the fire erupted and were alerted by the smell of smoke.
They made it out safely but firefighters had to pull out much of the sheet rock and flooring material in the kitchen to check for spreading fire and to gain access to the area in question.
Fire personnel believe the fire started due to an electrical glitch.