GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- Four Gwinnett County schools that did not initially make AYP for the 2010-2011 school year have now achieved it after appeals, graduation and summer retest scores, according to a report released this week.
Those four schools are:
* Ferguson Elementary, Duluth
* Creekland Middle, Lawrenceville
* McConnell Middle, Loganville
* Duluth High
Their achievements bumped up Gwinnett County's AYP standing -- 82.5 percent of its schools met their goals.
Of the 22 schools that did not make AYP in 2010-2011, only four face consequences for not meeting their goals for two or more consecutive years:
* Hopkins Elementary, Lilburn
* Sweetwater Middle, Lawrenceville
* Berkmar High, Lilburn
* Phoenix High, Lawrenceville